Mill Road Winter Fair 2012
Fete / Fair
Enjoy this yearly community event and celebrate the coming of winter and the unique qualities of Mill Road.
It's the perfect way to spend the first Saturday of December. You can come to dance and sing, taste the finest treats and purchase locally made, interesting gifts and celebrate with neighbours, friends and family.
-10.30 Opening ceremony at Ditchburn Gardens (Mill Road and Tenison) opened by the Mayor and the Greater Bibleway Gospel Choir
- 11am-12noon: a Chinese dragon, manned by 20 people will be dancing around
- Head to Cambridge Blue pub on Gwydir Street between 12-4pm to meet
Father Christmas and say hello to some genuine, real life reindeers
- 12.30 Winter parade: parade, organised by the Parkside Federation and
Nicky Webb has a theme of ‘winter’ carnival and will combine local people and professional artists working together to create a sparkling spectacle, brimming over with the spirit of the carnival.
- Children's activities all day at Romsey Mill and the EF language school in Romsey as well as Hope Street Yard, Romsey. This year there will be a treasure trail to lead your family all around the great sites of Mill Road.
Many prizes to follow!
- The incredibly popular food fair in the Gwydir Street car park, featuring local food stalls, the best of the best from Mill Road, Cambridge and
- Busking all over the street all day long.
- Art market all day at Six Bells Pub and the Anglia Ruskin Drama Centre at the end of Covent Garden.
- Even though the road opens promptly again at 4.30pm the fun continues all night at the Romsey labour club. Live music all evening.
Leading artists from Cambridge and around the world. New exhibition every...0.09 miles away
Hughes Hall takes its name from Miss E.P. Hughes, its first principal, &...0.26 miles away
The Ruskin Gallery is a unique exhibition space surrounded by artists’...0.4 miles away
A university theatre presenting professional touring and local community...0.42 miles away
With distinctive buses and friendly staff, the choice in selected cities...0.48 miles away
At our Vue Cinema in Cambridge we have combined the latest technology to...0.56 miles away
Parkers Piece is one of Cambridge's most significant open spaces. It was...0.56 miles away
Downing College was granted its royal charter in 1800. It was founded with...0.57 miles away
A small museum which exhibits a selection from the Institute's extensive...0.59 miles away
Check out all the latest movies at Cineworld Cambridge.0.62 miles away
Cambridge Junction is one of the most diverse cultural venues in the UK, a...0.62 miles away
The chapel was designed by Sir Christopher Wren, and completed in 1674. It...0.67 miles away
Emmanuel was founded in 1584 on the site of a Dominican friary. Its...0.67 miles away
John Stevens Henslow, Professor of Botany, founded the Botanic Garden in...0.71 miles away
A colourful addition to Cambridge's modern architecture.
A new façade was...0.74 miles away
Welcome to Unshaken Photography, the recognised leader of digital...0.81 miles away