In this day workshop, you will learn the basics of lino printing and the skills to get you started so you can print at home with simple tools and materials. Fuelled by inspiration from the David Parr House, you will design and carve your lino block and make a design based on the theme of Spring.
In this workshop, you will:
- Follow the processes of making a print, from design to print.
- Learn about lino printing and tools; the different marks they can make and how to use them safely.
- Ink up the block and print it onto paper by hand burnishing.
- Produce and handprint your lino design.
- Experiment with different paper and inks to produce a print.
- Have an inspirational walk through David Parr House (optional).
- Enjoy tea, coffee, soft drinks and biscuits
- Go home with your newly crafted prints and lino block so you can continue to make more.
All materials, including aprons, will be provided. We will be using water-based inks which can stain clothes so please wear something don’t mind getting a bit inky.
Please bring a packed lunch.
More about Zoe:
Inspired by a love of nature, Arts and Crafts pattern design, music, folklore, and the endless possibilities of an overactive imagination, Zoe’s fascinated by the idea of little worlds hidden in her lino prints. You can see more of Zoe’s work here: ansariprints.co.uk
All money raised from our workshops goes towards maintaining David Parr House – thank you for supporting us.
- Blue badge parking
- Disabled Accessibility
- wheelchair access
- Blue Badge Parking
- Staff available to assist
- Wheel chair accessible