In this workshop, you will:
- Learn the basics of block carving, pattern design and printing on fabric.
- Explore the ancient craft of block printing.
- Have an opportunity to experiment with pattern repeats and have a go at masking, overlaps and printing with everyday objects.
- Discover inks and fabrics and learn about more sustainable materials. Leave with a length of printed fabric, a carved block and the know-how to continue their block printing adventure!
- Please wear old clothes as you will be working with textile ink.
- Have an optional walkthrough of David Parr House.
- Enjoy refreshments, tea, coffee and biscuits. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Leave with a length of printed fabric, a carved block and the know-how to continue their block printing adventure!
Please wear old clothes as you will be working with textile ink. Aprons will be provided.
All money raised from our workshops goes towards maintaining David Parr House – thank you for supporting us.
More about Kate:
Kate Owens has a print-based practice. She generates motifs through unlikely channels of performance and participatory workshops. Alongside exhibitions and commissions, she produces a small range of products from her studio in Glasgow. A small selection is currently available from Welcome Home in Glasgow. The studio is run with sustainability in mind, using low-impact materials such as linen, solvent-free ink and natural dye.
Find out more about Kate here: www.kateowens.co.uk
- Blue badge parking
- Disabled Accessibility
- wheelchair access
- Blue Badge Parking
- Staff available to assist
- Wheel chair accessible