Join us, with Sophie and Preneet, on Tuesday 16th May for a morning full of colour and beauty. Sophie runs a wonderful company called Fleur Swann Block Printing (@fleurswannblockprints) and started her block printing journey during lockdown. After a successful career as a designer and buyer for some of the most prestigious women’s clothing brands in the UK, Sophie is now concentrating her efforts on this traditional art form and we are so lucky to have her come to teach us how it’s done. Joining Sophie to teach the workshop is Preneet. Preneet is a hugely talented artist and runs The Charpoy (@thecharpoy) specialising in block printed bedlinen, homewares and other beautiful home accessories. If you are on Instagram we strongly suggest you give these ladies a follow, their homes are full of incredible colour and prints, it’s making us rather envious!
Our workshop will start at Flourish Farm Shop with a welcome tea/ coffee and homemade treat. Sophie and Preneet will explain the history and techniques used in this time honoured craft and then you will get to choose you own block design and paint colours to create you own set of two beautiful linen napkins that you will be able to take home with you at the end of the day.
There will also be the opportunity to join us for lunch on the farm – a delicious spread of Ottolenghi style salads with bread will be prepared using the freshest seasonal vegetables grown here at Flourish Produce. There will also be a little something sweet to finish the meal.
We will also be serving a selection of chilled drinks and wine/ fizz during the day and our farm shop (normally closed on a Tuesday) will be open at the end of the workshop for those who fancy a browse. Sophie and Preneet will also be bringing a selection of their cushions, quilts, washbags and other gems for you to browse on the day.
This would make a fantastic gift for a birthday or for anyone who loves this stunning artform as much as we do. Grab a friend and book your ticket! We expect them to sell out quickly.
- Tickets are £85 per person
- Places are limited to 12 per event
- Timings are: 10am – 1pm
- Tea and Coffee with a sweet snack will be provided upon arrival
- Lunch is an additional extra at £15 per head (1-2pm) – this will include a vegetarian lunch of Ottolenghi style salads and breads followed by something sweet. We will be in touch to ask about any dietary requirements
- Refreshments and wine/ fizz will be available to buy on the day from Flourish Farm Shop
- Please bring your own apron
- All other materials will be provided
- Sadly, we cannot accommodate children at this workshop – 16+
- Refunds on tickets can only be given if more than a week before the workshop
- Parking available
- Car Parking