Kelly will offer guidance on how to effectively use your inks alongside your own time to experiment and play. Be inspired by the words, lettering and patterns found throughout David Parr House, learning how to create dynamic shapes, layers, light, shade and texture with your ink.
In this workshop, you will:
- Make your own ink using materials you can find in your own kitchen and garden
- Learn about natural pigments; their historical and contemporary use
- Record recipes and inks in a natural ink recipe book
- Experiment with your new ink paints to create a painting inspired by the House
- Have an inspirational walk through David Parr House (optional)
- Enjoy tea, coffee, soft drinks and biscuits
- Go home with your newly crafted inks, recipe book and painting you’ve made plus all the knowledge about how to continue making your own inks at home
All materials, including aprons, will be provided.
Please bring a packed lunch.
All money raised from our workshops goes towards maintaining David Parr House – thank you for supporting us.
- Blue badge parking
- Disabled Accessibility
- wheelchair access
- Blue Badge Parking
- Staff available to assist
- Wheel chair accessible